2018 Community Events Schedule. *Please note, Community Events are listed by date and hall. In certain cases, the events take place a short distance from the hall itself.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28
- Combermere Community Hall – Before the show, a number of community events will take place. From 3:30PM-5:00PM, Anneliese Jamnik will lead a Heritage Plaque Walking Tour. The walk is free of charge. Or hop aboard Nigel Newing’s boat cruise, departing from the Boat Launch and heading to the Mayflower sink site. The cost is $20 per person and a group of 9 needs to be confirmed for the cruise to head out. Finally, from 5:00PM-6:30PM, there will be a community meal held inside the Hall prior to the show. The cost is $12.00 per person. Please reserve with Elaine by email in advance if you plan to attend the boat cruise or the dinner – elaineschweig
- Seeley’s Bay Community Hall – Come join in the fun before the show, as a celebration is being planned through the Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands and Le Boat to showcase the improvements to the Seeley’s Bay Harbour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Visit the Local Flavours and Experiences Market, stroll the village and learn from interpretive signs, picnic in the waterfront park, visit beautiful Haskin’s Point and enjoy being welcomed with small town enthusiasm to this community on the Rideau Canal!
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 29
- St. James Catholic Church, Maxville – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- Westmeath Recreation Centre – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- St. Luke’s Church Hall, Lyndhurst – Beginning at 5:30PM, indulge in the ultimate food truck experience as Polar Bear BBQ will be on site in the parking lot of the hall at 459 Lyndhurst Rd. No set price or reservations needed, just order from their menu and pay accordingly. Tables will be set up inside the church or outside if the weather allows. Fill your belly before filling your heart with music and community at the show! Please note this is cash only. Vegetarian options available.
- Golden Links Hall, Harrowsmith – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission. Cash bar. Raffle prizes, 50/50 draw.
SUNDAY SEPT. 30
- Burritt’s Rapids Community Hall – The wildly-popular Crusty Bakers from Kemptville return as the purveyors of the post-concert dinner, served this year in the form of hot & cold bento boxes filled with savouries and sweets, enabling options for picnicking and take-out. This year’s theme is a Japanese take on traditional North American picnic fare. A full vegetarian option is available. Tickets are $25 and must be booked in advance by emailing local host Andrea Cordonier: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify any dietary preferences. Payment will be taken at the door; please be sure to bring cash as there is no bank machine in the village.
- Portland Community Hall – Coffee, tea, lemonade and water along with pre-packaged home made cookies or squares will be available for $1.00 each at intermission.
- Snow Road Community Centre – Light snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase before the show and during intermission.