Seeley’s Bay Community Hall
The Seeley’s Bay Community Hall sits above the Seeley’s Bay Fire Department, and their stories are intertwined. In July of 1950, after a fire destroyed much of Seeley’s Bay, a group of concerned citizens gathered to create their own fire department. They bought their first fire truck that year, a 1923 American LaFrance truck that the whole community came out to watch roll into town. This first truck, as with all subsequent fire equipment and buildings, was purchased through the fundraising efforts of a dedicated community.
The first fire house was a single bay garage completed in 1952. In 1960, with the help of the newly-formed Ladies Auxiliary, the fire house was enlarged to a double bay garage with a community hall upstairs. Finally, in 1983, the building was completely renovated to its present form, which includes the hub of the village: a large community hall on the second floor. In this hall, the community spirit that built a fire department out of the ashes of a devastating fire continues on with dances, bingo nights, weddings, craft sales, and a story festival. The Seeley’s Bay Community Hall exemplifies how local residents work together to make the village and the surrounding area a better, safer place to live.
Ashley MacIsaac will perform at the Seeley’s Bay Community Hall on Friday September 29th at 7:30 PM. Online tickets for this show are now sold out. Remaining tickets for this show are available at the Nest Egg in Seeley’s Bay located at 133 Main Street, Seeley’s Bay, Ontario.
151 Main St. Seeley’s Bay, Ontario.