2018 Community Events Schedule. *Please note, Community Events are listed by date and hall. In certain cases, the events take place a short distance from the hall itself.
FRIDAY SEPT. 14
- Joshua Bates Centre, Athens – Before the show, JJ’s Country Diner at 68 Main Street in Athens is ready to serve hungry Festival goers; a special invitation is extended to Small Halls attendees. After your meal, pick up the Athens Tourist Guide 2018 at JJ’s for insight into a self-guided walking tour of the village.
- Chaffey’s Lock Community Hall – A pre-show gourmet barbecue is in the works at the community hall, put on by The Opinicon, complete with cash bar. Watch for more information coming soon!
SATURDAY SEPT. 15
- McDonald’s Corners Agricultural Hall – Artisanal pizzas by PJs Pizzas will be available for purchase at intermission, as well as other light snack items.
- Winchester United Church – Beginning at 5:30PM, the United Church will host its annual Harvest Dinner. 100 dinners will be provided and the cost is $16.00 per person. The menu is turkey, dressing potatoes vegetables and desserts. Please reserve your spot in advance by contacting Linda at 613-774-2512.
- Matawatchan Community Hall – Beginning at 5:30PM, St. Andrew’s United Church will host a chilli supper down the road from the hall (1812 Frontenac Road, Griffith, ON). The menu includes chilli, buns, grated cheese, sour cream, veggie tray, squares, tea and coffee for $10.00 per person. No reservations required. There will be a cash bar at the hall during the show and sandwiches will be available for purchase.
SUNDAY SEPT. 16
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Kilmaurs – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- Balderson United Church – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- Morton Community Hall – Just down the road before the show, Wendy’s Country Market will be open offering an array of local veggies and lots of cheeses and meats!
THURSDAY SEPT. 20
- Spencerville Mill – Kick off the evening from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. with delicious pub-style sliders and summer coleslaw during a pre-concert mix & mingle at the Mill that includes a cash bar. Tickets for the meal are $17.50 and are available online here or by calling 613-658-5885; at Spencerville’s JoeComputer and Home Hardware. Please note that this community dining event is advanced tickets only.
FRIDAY SEPT. 21
- Delta Old Town Hall – Beginning at 6PM, a delicious buffet dinner will be held at the Old Town Hall featuring a variety of dishes. The cost is $14/person and reservations are required in advance by emailing email@example.com to reserve your spot! There will also be a cash bar available throughout the night.
- Union Hall, Mississippi Mills – Refreshments will be available for purchase at intermission. Cash bar.
- Rankin Culture and Recreation Centre – Coming Soon!
SATURDAY SEPT. 22
- Merrickville United Church – Before the show, be sure to check out the annual Merrickville Artists’ Guild Fall Studio Tour. For info, visit https://www.mag-artists.ca/mag-studio-tour/tour-map/ Tempt your taste buds with authentic Italian food at DiLuCa at 106 Main St. W. in Merrickville.
- DACA Centre, Dacre – Snacks and refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- Dunvegan Recreation Hall – Starting at 6 p.m., enjoy lasagna (meat & veggie options) along with Caesar salad, and dessert for $10. There will also be tea/coffee/cold drinks. Cash bar with VQA wines and local microbrewery beer from Cassel Brewery and Beau’s. Tickets for the meal will be limited to 45 people – to purchase tickets ahead of time for the dinner, please contact Ben Williams at 613-525-4006 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNDAY SEPT. 23
- Tatlock Community Hall – Snacks and refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28
- Combermere Community Hall – Before the show, a number of community events will take place. From 3:30PM-5:00PM, Anneliese Jamnik will lead a Heritage Plaque Walking Tour. The walk is free of charge. Or hop aboard Nigel Newing’s boat cruise, departing from the Boat Launch and heading to the Mayflower sink site. The cost is $20 per person and a group of 9 needs to be confirmed for the cruise to head out. Finally, from 5:00PM-7:00PM, there will be a community meal held inside the Hall prior to the show. The cost is $12.00 per person. Please reserve with Elaine by email in advance if you plan to attend the boat cruise or the dinner – elaineschweig
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 29
- St. James Catholic Church, Maxville – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- Westmeath Recreation Centre – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission.
- St. Luke’s Church Hall, Lyndhurst – Before the show, indulge in the ultimate food truck experience as Polar Bear BBQ will be on site in the parking lot of the hall at 459 Lyndhurst Rd. starting at 5:30 p.m. No set price or reservations needed, just order from their menu and pay accordingly. Tables will be set up inside the church or outside if the weather allows. Fill your belly before filling your heart with music and community at the show! Please note this is cash only.
- Golden Links Hall, Harrowsmith – Refreshments available for purchase at intermission. Cash bar.
SUNDAY SEPT. 30
- Burritt’s Rapids Community Hall – The wildly-popular Crusty Bakers return as the purveyors of the post-concert dinner, served this year in the form of hot & cold bento boxes filled with savouries and sweets, enabling options for picnicking and take-out. A full vegetarian option is available. Tickets are $25 and must be booked in advance at andrea@habicurious.
com. Please identify any food restrictions. Payment will be taken at the door.
- Portland Community Hall – Refreshments will be available for purchase at intermission.
- Snow Road Community Centre – Light snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase before the show and during intermission.