The opening date for the Festival is creeping closer – and we’re nearly bursting with excitement. More shows sold out this week; all of Kathleen Edwards performances set for Winchester, Chaffey’s and Balderson are now sold out. We also added more local openers to the schedule and are gearing up for landmark community events associated with each show!
Can it really be only 22 days until the first shows?
With that in mind, we came up with six insider tips to round out the Small Halls experience:
- Come through the door expecting a warm welcome and friendly faces – bring your best “G’day!”
- Be ready to show your appreciation – these small venues are known to shake with big applause, audience participation, singing, dancing, cheering and standing ovations as audiences show the big names musicians how much they’re enjoying the show!
- If you’re attending a show in an historic church, you’re encouraged to bring a funky cushion for comfort.
- Don’t forget to stick around after the show – the musicians often appear to mingle with guests when the applause has settled (yes, it’s cool to ask for an autograph…).
- Bringing cash for merch a great idea! Artists typically have a table where concert-goers can purchase albums, posters, love notes and the like.
- Take time to explore the community surrounding the Small Hall venue – you’ll be surprised at the local culture, restaurants and shops, natural landscapes and unique back road attractions.
Most of all, be ready for an intimate memorable community musical experience that will give you the warm and fuzzies for days!